Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back on the JOB











Welcome back to the Tin Can. I hope everyone had a great holiday season of too much food and drink.
I have great news for everyone, My knee surgery seems to be a huge success!! I am on the sixth week of recovery and an doing very well. I took about three and a half week break on the Can but have been hard at work for the last few weeks. The first week back was slow to say the least but the last week has kicked butt. There has been allot happening at the old Can, I rebuilt the lower door hinge and spent about eight to ten hours getting the door to seal and latch properly. All of that time dose include installing a new style door latch and deadbolt.
More new installs include two new power receptacles, one on the front and one on the left rear, and a new city water inlet.
The best news of all though is that all of the insulation and interior walls are DONE!!!!!!!!!! You just gotta love the FLOWER POWER bathroom walls!!
On the lighter side of life I have gotten to ride my mountain bike a couple of times, the first being a 10 mile all flat and paved greenway trail, the absolute best ride I have had in the last six months!!!!! Well the second ride on the same trail was even better, 15 miles of pure pleasure. I know that these trails are not very exciting but when you get to ride again after a horrible tragic bee induced accident it's just the best thing ever. I will be riding more and more as time and pain allow, I need to start working on my beach body, the Florida Keys are starting to call pretty hard. If all goes as well as the last week went, I should be leaving on my great adventure by March first.
Please keep me in you thoughts as I slave for the next six weeks, and may THE CAN BE WITH YOU ALL!
Hope to show much progress soon.
Rick




No comments: