Monday, October 29, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Without them this job would be unbearable. They deserve more than I could ever repay them for their selfless generosity. If any one in the Piedmont area of NC. ever needs Commercial or residential Refrigeration work you must call them at Cary Refrigeration in Raleigh, NC.
A big thanks to Both of their family's too.
A special thanks goes to Wendy shaheen for letting Scott hang with me so much and for putting up with me at your house all the time.
And last but definitely not least, I want to thank my Mom and Dad for letting me come home wile I prepare for my Epic Journey. Thank you for Everything!!!!!!
A big thanks to all of my friends for being there for me.
I toast you all now with a big ice cold beer!!!!!!!!
There is hell in a Tin Can! It's trying to remove the plywood floor!!!!
After first trying all kinds of tools and brute force, I tried to use brains over brawn. I know I'm short on both but I finaly overcame with the pictured Scary Tool.... It is a 5 1/2 inch Circular saw blade modified to fit on a Roto Zip tool. Nice and safe I tell ya! It works like a charm, just scares the shit out of you when it jumps up.
You see the floor is attached at the sides with carriage bolts dropped in from the top and then they bent the bolts over so the nuts could never come off. (so nice of them) So you have to cut the floor close enough to the sides to be able to get a cutoff tool in to cut the carriage bolts in the middle. That way you can pull the bolt head up and knock the bolts down and out. Luckily there are only about 40 to 50 of the ones around the edges. All of the middle of the trailer floor is scewed down with large phillips flat decking screws, unfortunately they are all seized in place. Ross Shaheen (long time friend) gave me a great Idea for getting the floor out aaround these. He told me to use a hole saw, cut around the screw head and out will come the floor. Then it is really easy to get the little circles of plywood up from the screws and cut or break the screws out. This works like a charm. So now that I have figured out the right tools and process, the job is starting to go well.
One more day of floor removal and I will move on to insulation prep. I will probably install the new roof vents and satalite dish befor spraying in the insulation.
More to come soon,
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
I hope the putting back together work is better than this.
Otherwise life is pretty good the knee is not giving me too much trouble now, I still just want to get it fixed ASAP. That means I must get this trailer done. I'm hoping to be done some time close to the first or second week of Nov. I know that's a tall order, but I think it's possible. Anyway I hope everyone out there is doing well.
Everyone take care,