Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let's Get Deep For A While








Carlsbad Caverns New Mexico; What can you say about a natural wonder so grand, that when you see it you feel like you have stepped into a movie set of Journey to the Center of the Earth. I tell you it is something to behold. Mere pictures or words can ever describe the magnitude and beauty of this place. I would try but it would sound pathetic, so I will show you a few pictures and give a brief rundown of it all. The bottom of my chin is still a little sore from it hitting the cave floor so many times. Around every corner is a formation that is awe inspiring and so beautiful that it makes you feel insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I suggest that when you go, and you should go, that you take a guided tour of one or more of the special caverns that are not open to the general public. The guides are very informed and give a great history of the cavers. I loved it!
So now it’s off to the Guadeloupe Mountains for some hiking.
Rick

No comments: