Sunday, June 29, 2008

Georgia Bound



I am now in the town of Canton GA. I am house and dog (Cricket) sitting for my good friends Cliff and Cindy Austin. They have taken their two kids Parker and Kailey on a vacation/baseball tournament In NY. I also have started to rebuild their staircase. They did not like the way it came down to an unusually wide bottom step, so I am attempting to make it a straight staircase. I think I can get it the way they want it or at least the way I want it. Wile enjoying my HOT and Humid GA. days, I have also been riding my mountain bike a good bit and met some really cool people out riding. I will post more on that later. Cliff being the ever giving friend that he is offered me the use of his wave runner while I am here. Bad Bad Bad idea! After only one seemingly innocuous trip to the lake, I now feel the need to own one for myself. This is a problem seeing that I don't think that towing the Tincan and a wave runner is going to work out, not to mention the extra gas, never having time to work any, or all of the other things I want to accomplish on my journey. So now I must use it as much as possible while I have the opportunity. (Thanks Cliff and Cindy) And a special thanks to Cindy for leaving plenty of BEER for me!
Coming to a town near you soon,
Rick

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey Rick - sorry I missed you at Georgia....was up to our neck in house stuff...we are moving into the new place in 2 weeks so if you swing back near Lake Lanier, let us know....