Friday, June 6, 2008

Life at the Farm







The first leg of my adventure begins in the great town of Pollocksville, NC. For those not familiar, eastern NC 15 miles south of New Bern, NC. It is a peaceful town where hunting dogs outnumber people two to one and everyone knows everyone. My great friends Maryanne and Jeremy with their son Joshua and dog Zack live on the family farm. Close by Maryanne's Mom and Dad Jean and Allen Bender are the most gracious and sweet hosts to me and my Tin Can. They gave me the most perfect spot to park the Can, large pasture with great big old Oak trees for shade and a never ending breeze that blows though all day. I came to this lovely spot to see and help out Jeremy with a simple bathroom project, you know the kind, two to three days and Walla- a new bathroom! Well....it is more like, Lets just start a new, Strip it all down to the studs and make a whole new room. So that's what we are doing now, but it's not all work and no play we are hoping to go sailing on Sat. I will let you know how that works out. We also had a Pasture Party last Fri. night with the whole family, Maryanne, Jeremy, Joshua, Maryanne's sisters April and her son Justin, Holly and her husband Scott and Jean and Allen. We all had a great time and hope to do it again soon. I will be here for a little wile longer, have to finish the bathroom. (Bathroom Blog to come)


I will Blog again soon


Rick

3 comments:

TBrozell said...

Hello Rick; Trailer looks nice. I like the hardwood floors, I assume they are laminate but knowing you they may be 1 inch thick tongue and groove oak. How is the satellite TV reception down in New Bern? Have fun and drive careful. I think your next investment should be a scooter to drive around once you get where you are going to stay for a few days. Talk to you soon, Todd, Anna, Chloe, Chase and Hazel.

April Woolard said...

Hey Rick! Justin and I visited your site and enjoyed seeing how far you have come. We have had an amazing time. Justin especially enjoyed the sailing with you and of course the pasture party. Thank you also for taking the time to attend his baseball games to cheer he and Josh on. We sure are going to miss you. It want be the same driving by and not seeing the tin can set up. I guess that means you will have to make the farm your last stop on your journey to call it a complete circle! May God bless you and keep you safe. Please keep in touch with us. Talk to you soon...Justin and April

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick! How is Charleston? It just isn't the same looking out in the pasture and your tin can has moved onto other pastures. We can't thank you enough for the beautiful bathroom. It is SO FABULOUS! You are the best. Jeremy and I certainly couldn't not have pulled this project off without you.
Update on Josh: He made the AllStar team and the tournament starts next week. I know you wish you were here pacing with us along the sidelines as Joshua plays ball. We will be checking in later.
Mary Ann in P'ville