Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bike Riding GA style





I have been mountain biking a few times since I have been here in Canton and today I went with camera in hand. I wanted you to see what really makes me happy, Blasting down some fast and scary trail with wild abandon! Well there not all wild and scary but they are always fun!!! The trail system here is called Blankets Creek and they have about four or five trails. They range from very beginner to almost expert. They have a new trail called Area 51 that they insist is an expert trail, I give it a 7 out of 10 on skill level needed. It has a few grinder climbs that will make you huff and puff but they are really smooth and don’t require anything but strength and stamina to get up, I even cleaned them and I’m out of shape. The down hills could have been pretty spectacular but they made every downhill stretch short with an uber tight hairpin turn at the end. They had a few nice water bars but they placed them with no run out at the end. You can ride this trail pretty fast if you have strength, stamina and good brakes. I like the Dwelling trail, It may be only 3.5 mile and an intermediate trail, but it is fast and fun with some very enjoyable jumps and drop off’s. The South Loop tail is fun also a little steeper and rockier, but a good ride too. All in all a really fun set of trails with something to offer anyone from I just learned to ride today to the racer guys. I think I may go back tomorrow and rid some more!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nice post on Blankets Creek - I've been there a few times now and really enjoy the park. I don't think I'm ready for Area 51 just yet (although my friends keep insisting I am), so the pictures - glimpses into Van Michaels - were great.

Have you tried Big Creek in Roswell or Sope Creek?

-MJT