Friday, August 22, 2008

San Antonio






Now that I am on the first leg of my trip that I am not staying with friends or relatives I have more time for blogging and relaxing. I rolled into San Antonio on Tues. afternoon and stayed in a campground for the first time on this trip. I did spend one uncomfortable night in a WalMart parking lot. Not the best Wallieworld I could have chosen but it worked out ok. Well the KOA I stayed at was nice and close to town, I was even able to take the bus into downtown to see all of the sights that San Antonio had to offer. OK, there is not that much to see but what there is is very cool! The Riverwalk is way way cool, beautiful and would be a great place to spend a few days with friends, lots of bars, resturants and shops. There are also a whole buch of Cathedrals and churches to see, but after two or three they all start to blend. Now the Alamo is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but what a great historical place. My buddy Davey Crockett fought there, as most of you know I used to live on Davey Crockett Rd. in Asheville and he did hang out in that part of the state. I know it's way cool! I didn't see much more of San Antonio and I'm not sure if there is anymore??? Well I'm off to Austin next so look for updates soon.


Rick

No comments: