Friday, August 22, 2008

Texas....It's a Big State






From sunny Florida to Texas was a bristling white knuckle ride through huge thunder storms and stupid drivers. Getting through New Orleans was frightening, with heavy rain falling pole drove like idiots. I was lucky to make it out alive but that was the worst of it. Once securely in Texas it was an easy drive to Texas City where my cousin Wayne Evans and his family lives. I had planed on staying only a day but was enjoying getting to know some more family so much I stayed a couple of days. The list of family goes like this, Wayne & Lisa, Bob Lisa's dad, Brook+two Wayne's daughter and her two kids, and Super Dave Brook's boyfriend. sorry if I left you out as my memory sucks and it's been a few days out of Texas City. Anyway I had a great time getting to know more of my family on my moms side and everyone showed me a huge helping of hospitality, from the TinCan parking spot to the incredible biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I wish all of you great success for the coming year and look forward to seeing you again sometime.


Love to you all, Cousin Rick

No comments: